" J " to read NEXT post on the Stream " K " to read PREVIOUS post on the Stream " R " to Enter a COMMENT " TAB + ENTER " to Publish the COMMENT " SPACE " to SCROLL-DOWN the Stream (Any Page) " SHIFT + SPACE " to SCROLL-UP the Stream (Any Page) " N " to read NEXT COMMENT on a Post " P " to read PREVIOUS COMMENT on a Post " / " to start a Google+ SEARCH " ? " to view Keyboard SHORTCUTS " ⇦ " (Left Arrow) to SELECT PAGES on the Left Ribbon. " ⇨ " (Right Arrow) to SCROLL/READ the Stream again. On the Google Bar Notifications, use the Left & Right Arrows to read Notifications
❖ Tutorial of Your New Google+ Profile ❖ The following are defined according to the numbering on the Image.
01.View As : See how your profile can bee seen by a particular Individual or Public. 02.Edit Profile : Click to Edit/Change your Profile Information and Photos. --> See how to Fill-out Your Profile : http://goo.gl/bplgN 03. Your Profile Picture : >> Size 250x250 pixels >> Automatic white border of 6px will be applied. >> Your Pic will be displayed as a 48x48px thumbnail in the Stream. >> Recommended formats: jpg, png 04.Cover PhotoOR *Scrapbook Photos* To change, hover your Mouse over the Photo(s), and click Change photos Then, select a template; either to use one single cover image, or 5 scrapbook images. >> Five Scrapbook Photos --> Size : 110x110px --> Gap between each Photo : 16px >> Cover Photo --> Size : 940x180px 05. Displays Your Current Employment details, Education and Location. 06 Links to your About, Photos, Videos and +1's
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTE : The #05 Details are displayed on Every Permalink of Your Posts. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ◆ New Google+ Stream Tutorial :http://goo.gl/4m7XA
Hope you've Learnt the Basics of the New Google Plus Interface.
Tutorial for Your New Google+ Stream The following guidelines and tips are based on the image attached.
01. Both the Google Logo and the Home button directs you to your Main Stream. 02. Go to your Profile. 03.Circles - Manage them into Circles of your wish. 04.Photos --> Hover over the button to Add New Photos, To see the Photos from Your Phone OR View All your Photo Albums. 05.Pages button. --> Hover over the Pages to button to switch between the Brand Pages you Admin or Manage. 06. More Extension, when extended shows the rest of the buttons In may case; Explore, Hangouts, Games. >> Explore : Shows what's new on Google+ and the What's Hot posts. >> Hangouts : Displays LIVE hangouts to Join, and Hangouts on Air to Watch. >> Games : Directs you to Your Game World! Shows Game Notifications, List of All Games, and what people in your Circles Played. <<-->> Please Note that the Above mentioned Buttons can be rearranged in the Order You Prefer. 07.Share Box : Share what you feel, what you are interested in. - > Feel free to Attach images, videos or links. - > Format your posts with Bold, Italic, OR Strikethrough 08. Displays the Trending Search & Post Topics. 09. Live Hangouts and Start Hangout button. 10. Your Name : Clicking here shows you Your Brand Pages and Other Google Accounts to Switch. >> Clicking on Your Profile Pic on the Google Bar also gives the same. 11.Hangout & Chat : Your Chat list. --> Select whom to be visible to from Chat Privacy Settings. 12. Shows the list of Your Circles to View their Streams. >> Also shows your Saved Searches, and Your Sparks.
Hope you've Learnt the Basics of the New Google Plus Interface.
Good Luck, and Keep providing The Feedback to the Google+ Team. Thank You. #ddstips Read post in Google+
Exclusive Features on Google Plus These features are seen Only on Google+
■ Drag-n-Drop images, videos & links to the Share Box. ■ Google Brand Pages (SEO integrated) ■ Google Chrome Extensions : +1 button, Notifications wherever I go with my Browser. ■ Google Hangout - Group Video Calling (max.10 including yourself) ■ Google Hangout - Share your screen, Google Docs, 3rd Party Apps (eg: Slideshare) ■ Google Hangout - with Extras: Screen Sharing, Document sharing, Named Hangouts, etc. ■ Google Music - ♫ You can share Music on Google+ ■ Google Ripples - Know how your Public posts are shared Publicly on Google+ ■ Google Ripples - See shares of URLs. ■ Google+ Brand Pages: These pages help you interact with your customers Face-to-Face. ■ Google+ Chat: I can customize which people can chat with me. ■ Google+ Direct Connect - Search for Page and automatically add to Circles. ■ Google+ Photos - Easy photo tagging (Automatic) ■ Google+ Photos - You can allow to Download your photos in Full size. ■ Google+ Profile - Five custom scrapbook photos ■ Google+ Profile - Larger space to introduce to the World 'Who You Are' ■ Google+ Profile - You can know what you have +1'd on the internet. [The Google+ Brand Pages that you +1 also appear in the +1's of your Profile] ■ Google+ Search filters - People, Pages, Posts,Sparks & Hangouts. ■ Google+ Search filters - Posts from Your Circles, Only You, & from the Entire Web. ■ Google+ Search is also integrated with TRENDING TOPICS, and HASHTAGS ■ Inbuilt photo editing tools using Creative Kit (Picnik integration). ■ Instant Upload Pics from your Mobile Device (Android & iOS) ■ Keyboard Shortcuts to browse through Google+ easily: ->> "/" to Search, ->> "J/K" to toggle up/down posts, ->> <ENTER> to Comment, ->> <SPACE> to scroll down, ->> Shift+Space to go up the stream, ->> TAB, then ENTER to submit comment after posting. ■ Memes : Create memes right from the stream after uploading a Pic. ■ No Advertisements ■ No-one can restrict anyone from adding them to circles. ■ Public posts appear in Google Search ■ Reports, Feedback, Suggestions are GREATLY considered. ■ Separate Notifications for Game notifications ■ Supports Hashtags with Autocomplete feature. ■ The character support is greater (ex:Twitter has 140 characters per post) ■ The development team members are available to help at any instance ■ What's Hot Stream : Contains the hottest/coolest posts all-over Google+ ■ You can control the volume of posts of each circle that appear in your STREAM. ■ You can edit your post(s) after you publish it. ■ You can format your post with BOLD, Italic & Strikethrough. ■ You can MUTE notifications or the entire post. ■ You can restrict re-sharing and restrict comments on Posts. ■ You can share circles with anyone you want to. ■ You can use Google+ Circles to save bookmarks [You can create an empty circle and share it with that Circle] ■ You verify your email, profile, page, etc. (So, everyone know its really YOU) ■ YouTube button - You can listen to any music on YouTube while on Google+
★ A Guide to Google+ Photos ★ This tutorial has been recreated to suit the new UI
● Your Google+ Photos can be accessed using the Photos button/icon that is the left Google Ribbon. ● Clicking the icon will direct you to Photos from your Phone ● On the Top, you will see Four tabs; From Phone | Photos of you | Albums | From your posts ● To Upload Photos; --> Hover over the icon on the ribbon, and click Add Photos. --> Inside https://plus.google.com/photos/ select Upload new photos ● Photos from your phone --> Shows the photos uploaded using Instant Upload. --> To share the photos uploaded from your mobile, simply select the relevant photos, and click SHARE. --> You can multiple select items by clicking each, or by Highlighting using your Mouse. --> You are free to bundle similar/relevant photos and create a New Album. --> You could also add them to any of your Existing albums. ● Photos of you --> These are the photos that you have been tagged in. --> Photos are categorized as to, with whom in your circles were the images tagged. ● Photos from your posts --> This is a list of images that you attach when publishing your posts. --> For your convenience, the images are listed according to the Date they were posted, with the number of images per post. --> If you created an album of images while creating your post, the album will appear with the title you've given. ● Your albums --> Here you see all the photo albums that you've created and uploaded up-to-date. --> The albums also include; Photos from posts, Profile Pictures, Scrapbook photos, Mobile uploads, & Blogger pictures. --> Clicking on Sharing Settings, enables you to set who can see the respective albums. You are also able to lock the albums, in order to prevent re-sharing.
► LIGHT BOX ○ The Light box view of G+ images has many options. --> TOP-LEFT * Rotate Left/Right * Auto-fix the image to automatically set the contrast & brightness. * Creative kit - This feature allows the users to edit the photos with absolutely creative edits; Powered by Picnik. --> RIGHT-SIDEBAR * Thumbnail+Name of the Person who posted the image * Description: If the image was shared by you, You are given the option to EDIT the caption at Mouse-hover. *Tag People (If allowed) - Select faces of people on the image, to add tags. * Comments * To add a comment, either scroll down the comments, or click Comment. * Photo Details : Specs of the Camera and the image. --> BOTTOM OPTIONS * +1 button is available below the comments box. * Share the image with your circles. * On the Bottom-Left, displays the album, owner, and the number of images in the album. * View options - Download in full size (if allowed), Photo details, Report photo. * If there are more than one photo in the album, there is an option to View All. This shows a strip of all photos in the album.
► MANAGING & REARRANGING ○ Under Your Albums, select the relevant Album ○ You could share by clicking Share ○ You could add more photos to the album by clicking Add photos ○ MORE : Share album via link, Delete Album & Organize Album To re-arrange the photos inside the album, click Organize album Select(Multiple selection is possible), Drag & Drop in the desired location. To Move to another Album; Select -> and Choose the album to Move to. To Sort by Date added; Select -> Click Order by date
► DIMENSIONS ○ Your Google+ Profile Picture - 200 x 200 pixels --> For a better view of your profile picture, edit it to a square before uploading it. --> To make sure it appears nice, resize it to 48 x 48px and see. ○ Your 5 Scrapbook Photos - 110 x 110 pixels. --> The gap between the scrapbook pictures is 16px. --> The recommended size is 150 x 150 pixels. ○ All your photos of larger resolutions are reduced upto 2048px.
► PICASA WEB ACCOUNT via http://goo.gl/UZCtQ and http://goo.gl/PPcSJ . As you upload more photos and videos in Picasa Web Albums, please keep in mind the following account limits: ◆ Maximum photo size: Each image can be no larger than 20 megabytes and are restricted to 50 megapixels or less. ◆ Maximum video size: Each video uploaded can be no larger than 1GB in size. ◆ Maximum number of web albums: 10,000 ◆ Maximum number of photos and videos per web album: 1,000 ◆ Total storage space: Picasa Web provides 1 GB for photos and videos. Files under certain sizes don't count towards this limit.
Free storage limits Photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.
Automatic resizing All photos uploaded in Google+ will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge) and won't count towards your free storage quota. All photos uploaded from the Picasa software or in Picasa Web Albums over the free size limit will count towards your 1 GB of free storage. When you reach your storage limit, any new photos you upload larger than the free size limit will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge).
03. Add your Friends & Family to your Circles. Use your circles wisely. Create a circle for each kind of list you have in Real Life. For example, if you are in High School, you can Create a circle named High-School Friends and add all of them to that particular circle. P.S. The name you give to your circles could be anything. No-one will ever know it.
04. Google will have a few suggestions. To add them to your relevant circles, select the ones you need to circle and just drag them to any of the circles. If you want to create a new circle, drag them to the New Circle, and give it a name.
Connect your email account (Gmail, Yahoo or Live account) to import the email addresses and add them to your circles. NOTE: If they are not yet on Google+, they will receive the notification with an INVITATION to join Google+. Also, you can share with them via Email only, if they aren't on Google+. --> For more details about G+ Circles : http://goo.gl/kgy2G & http://goo.gl/EmCaL
05. If you want to find similar kind of people, drag one or more people to the Find Related Text-box. You will see suggestions similar to the one you selected.
06. Once you have added quite a number of users (approx. 200-300), your Stream will be Full and Interesting. On the top of your STREAM, you see about few names of your circles, and a MORE drop-down. These are links to the dedicated streams of your circles. You can also control the volume of the circle's posts appearing in your main stream. To do that, go to one of the CIRCLE streams, and below the list of people in the circle, is where the amount of posts to show. (Fewer, Standard or More)
07. Google+ is an incredible place for your Photos. --> If you are on iPhone or Android with the G+ app, your photos will automatically be Uploaded (Auto Backup)
08. Use Google+ Search effectively If you want to find out about something, just SEARCH. You can filter your Search by Everything, People, Posts, Events, Hangouts, etc. You can also filter posts by You, Your Circles, OR Public(Everybody). You can Search for posts from a particular Location too.
09. Next is the Most important and the most successful Tip. INTERACTION. You have to interact with everybody in the G+ Community. Let everyone know what you are interested in. Follow their posts. Comment on them with your views. Get to know each other.
10. When you are publishing a Post, do it with Care and Interest. Try to give a title for every post you share. When you provide links, it's better if you shorten using http://goo.gl Use #hashtags . These help users Search directly by clicking on it. If you think your post must have more awareness, try mentioning some top G+ers either in a comment or your post. And, if you are sharing something, share it with your own thoughts too.
02. Share posts related to Google+ Tips or Help? --> Make sure you Share them in Public --> +Mention a few Google+ Mentors/Engagers, so that your post will be given the due visibility. --> You are free to submit your post along with your name in my Directory : http://goo.gl/sPEOF
03. Use Keywords such as, --> eg: Google+, Google Plus, Tips, Newbies, Beginners, Tutorial, etc. (So that your posts will appear in Google+ Search results)
Google Cloud Print Print anywhere, from any device...
Google Cloud Print is a new technology that connects your printers to the web. Using Google Cloud Print, you can make your home and work printers available to you and anyone you choose, from the applications you use every day. Google Cloud Print works on your phone, tablet, Chromebook, PC, and any other web-connected device you want to print from.
I've been addicted to Google+ since August, 2011; and has been ever known for Google+ Tutorials, & Tips
My first post was a simple comparison of G+ and FB illustrating the awesome features of Google+. (Link : http://goo.gl/oTlff ) For my surprise, the post had 100+ shares within a week; and my follower count reached from tens to hundreds I later added and revised the post and had 2 other newer lists of G+ features.
After a few days I created a Guide for the Google+ Main Stream; followed by Guides to the Profile, Circles, & Photos.
One thing I've learned from my experience on Google+ is that People tend to love and are more attracted to visual stuff than just long Posts of simple text. Also, people make less clicks on LINKS than on Images. And, users tend to read lists or short points than Long paragraphs.
Hence, I've been helping most beginners to learn the basics of Google+ to achieve higher targets in being an influential Plusser to the Community.
How to write a Successful Google+ Post This is the approach I follow myself ---------------------------------------------------
✓ Make the first line of your post, the Title Make itBold.
✓ Brief description, or subheading on the second line.
✓ If your post contains numbering, Bold the number. If not, bold the whole text of the first line of the numbered list.
✓ If your post contains links; Shorten using http://goo.gl to reduce lengthy posts (P.S. shortened links when clicked using the Mobile app, is a 2-step procedure for G+ permalinks) Select a suitable Snippet image if your attaching a link.
✓ Use an image which describes your post.
✓ People tend NOT to click on External links as and when they see it. Therefore, I usually attach an image withing the external page, and provide the link in the body of the post. ✓ Use hashtags at the end of your post. Use them with relevance. Use a hashtag of your own if you like
*********************************************************************** Thanks. Read post in Google+
★ Google+ Notifications ★ All what You Need to know about Google+ Notifications...
☛ Google+ sends you a notification when events such as; >> when you're tagged in a photo, >> when someone have a post shared with you, >> when someone +1 or comment on any of your posts/photos, or >> when someone adds you to a circle. You can receive notifications via email, SMS, and in the Google bar.
To view All Your Notifications, Click the notification number (grey box if you have 0 notifications or red box if you have unread notifications) in the Google bar next to your email address/Name.
You can also receive Google+ Notifications via E-mail or SMS To set the preferred type of notifications you wish to receive, Go to Settings and Customize using a check-mark on the relevant field. --> http://www.google.com/settings/plus
◆ Google Bar Notifications On the top-right of the Google Bar, next to your email/name is the icon for Notifications. This turns RED with the number of unread notifications you have. When clicked, you are able to view up to a maximum of NINE(9) notifications from the Google bar itself. You may interact with the relevant notification by clicking it. In order to access ALL your notifications, you need to click view all notifications on the top-left of the notification drop-down. You may view/access the notifications using either Arrow keys or J/K inside the Notification drop-down.
◆ Who can Send you Notifications Any user can send you a notification at the following instances; >> Shares a direct post with you (to make sure that you see his/her post for sure) >> When someone MENTIONS you in a post/comment >> When someone invites you to a hangout >> When you are tagged in a Photo >> When someone interacts with you in a Game
◆ Notifications via Email You may receive Google+ notifications via email with regard to what you have customized in the Settings page. In common, you may receive alerts for; - when someone adds you to their circles, - when you are tagged in a photo, - when someone shared a post directly with you, or a group that includes you.
You can sort and read the notifications under the following FILTERS -> Circle adds -> Your posts -> Mentions of you -> Photos of you -> Other people's posts -> Games
◆ SMS Notifications In order to receive G+ Notifications via SMS, you need to set up your Phone by confirming the ownership using a PIN For more info about SMS notifications : http://goo.gl/ICgG2
◆ Control Notifications from Individuals You may receive a notification saying "xxx shared a post directly with you". This is generated if someone mentions your name in the Share Box when sharing, or when someone marks the check-mark to "send email to <circle_name>" If you are receiving too many notifications of unrelated posts, you may MUTE him/her, so that you will not receive any alerts from him/her anymore.
01. Vertical view of circles and people in circles. 02. Nested Circles 03. Ability to view the People in different views (other than big thumbnails). 04. Ability to filter by the number of followers. 05. Ability to Sort by Pages & People separately. 06. Ability to View Mutual People (people in my circles who've added me). 07. Ability to compare two or more circles showing the common people. 08. Ability to Move people from one circle to another. 09. Ability to sort by Country/Location 10. Ability to Group two or more circles.
New Google+ Users : Guide to Your Google+ Circles >>Revised for the New Interface | Other Tutorials :http://goo.gl/PfqqK
❐ Google+ Circles are what or how you categorize/group your friends into. ❐ Google provides four default circles: Friends, Family, Acquiantances & Following. ❐ Your 'Circles' can be accessed by clicking the Circles button on the Google Ribbon on the left. See #01 on Image ❐ Within your Circles page, are three tabs; Your Circles, Have you in circles & Find People. ❐ Your circles shows the list of people who you have in your circles. See #02 on Image ❐ Have you in circles shows the list of people who have you in their circles. You can use this tab to decide whom to circle back. See #03 on Image ❐ Find People: this is a list of people that you might know, suggested by Google. These are usually people in the circles of your circles, and your email contacts. See #04 on Image ❐ To view the profile of anyone in Circles, SIMPLY DOUBLE-CLICK on the thumbnail. ❐ You can Sort the people in your circles by; Relevance, First Name, Last Name, & Recently updated. For More about Sorting on your Circles Page --> : http://goo.gl/NvtUP ❐ The blue circles below the list of people are your circles with the respective titles. ❐ You are free to add any of your friends to any sort of circle that you wish. --> One could be in any number of circles._ --> They will NEVER know the names of your circles. ❐ To add someone to your circles, simply select the relevant people and just drag them to the blue circle you wish. ❐ Keep the Following Circle reserved, when adding Google+ Pages. ❐ If you want to select many people at once, click and cover-up the entire selection. (This is like selecting icons/files on your desktop) ❐ If you think you haven't created a good circle to add any of them, you could drag them to the white circle which says, "Drop here to Create a circle". Once you've dragged them, click create circle, and give it a name. See #11 on Image ❐ To remove a user from a particular circle; -> You could hover over a circle, and click-n-drag the person/page out. [While dragging it out, you will see a RED-BIN-ICON] -> Click on the circle, and select the people/pages to remove. Then select "REMOVE" under "Actions". ❐ You could also view each of your circles separately. Simply click on any of the Blue circles at the bottom. You will see the full list of people in that circle. ❐ Once a circle is selected you've got several options with it. -> If you think of helping the community by sharing some people in your circles, you could do that. By doing this, you could help the G+ community grow. -> The maximum number of people you can share at a time is 500. -> When you are sharing a circle with more than 500 users in it, only 500 will be shown/allowed. [But, you could include yourself to make it 501] -> You can "EDIT" the circle's name & description. -> You could also delete the entire circle. ❐ You can Edit, Delete & View the relevant stream by Right-clicking a circle [Blue]. ❐ The EDIT CIRCLE option provides the ability to Rename the circle & enter a brief description that will be visible when you hover over the circle. ❐ SEARCH : The search box on the Top-Right is an easy way to find anyone in your Circles, or from the people who've added you. See #06 on Image ❐ NOTE that the users that appear in your Search results are either in your circles, have added you, from your extended circles, or from ANYWHERE ON GOOGLE+. ❐ THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF USERS PER CIRCLE IS LIMITED TO 5,000. ❐ This limit is also the total you could have in all your circles. ❐ When sharing with a circle, the maximum number of people you can notify at a time is 100. ❐ The HOVER-CARD of each Profile or Page shows; -> The Profile Pic & the Cover image. -> In what circles, they are. -> Shows their current Education or Occupation details. ❐ You can rearrange the circles [BLUE CIRCLES] in a customized order. Just Click & Drag them to rearrange. P.S. Place Two of your favorite circles at places One & Two, in order to access them easily from the Stream.
❐ When adding people to your cirles; ➀ You can Type the name directly and add to a circle. ➁ You can add by the email address. ➂ REMEMBER: The ones that you've added, but are not using G+, will show an envelope on their thumbnails. ➃ You can import your Yahoo Mail contacts to G+ and them to your circles. They'll receive a notification with a link to JOIN GOOGLE+. ➄ You could also link your Hotmail account to import your Live contacts, just as Yahoo. ➅ Google also allows you to Upload your Address Book (supports .vcf & .csv) to easily get email addresses and to them to your circles. ➆ If you want to import your Facebook contacts to Google+, you need to first import them to your Yahoo! Mail account, and then connect the Yahoo! account to G+.