RESHARE:Ch-Changes!David Bowie, Changes
People never seem to like changes, but improvements are one thing that I love!
Don't like 2 or 3 column displays, change back! It's easy - select More
scroll down to layout options.
want to load the new posts hit L
Want to jump up or down the stream? J & K
Though before complaining about any of the changes please take a moment to select which of these you are...
[A bit of satiric comedy :) ]
Ever have the problem where you're trying to filter out melodramatic, close-minded, impetuous, or spoiled individuals, but combing through each circle becomes a bit tedious? Do you ever think, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a telltale psychological indicator revealing the maturity, sensibility, and poise (or lack thereof) of people in your circles?"
Us too. That's why starting today, we're happy to announce a great new feature we think you'll really enjoy. It's called the "initiative to Delete, Uncircle, Mute, and Block", or iDUMB for short.
Here's how it works:
Start by monitoring your stream very carefully. The moment a new update is rolled out, people will begin to make extremely negative, rebellious, hyperbolic, reactionary, and/or self-centered comments. (In other words, they will FREAK the heck out!)
Now here's the ingenious part. Instead of having to seek out each person to remove him or her from your circles, he, she, or it automatically comes to you! This makes it super
easy to identify and <delete> their hostile messages, <uncircle> them to prevent future annoyances, <mute> them to get rid of their pesky notifications, and <block> them to avoid further exposure.
Since it is quite common to confuse incoherent babbling for healthy skepticism, fair & balanced opinion, and constructive, well-formulated feedback, we've provided some examples of what to look for:The Melodramatic
• OMG!!1!one!! Why the heck do they keep moving things around every 2 microseconds?! Isn't this the eleventieth change they've made today? I can't take this anymore. The world will not go on. My life is ruined! RUINED, I tell you!The Uncool-Competitor Dig
• What is this? If I wanted this junk, I'd use MyPinBook. It's as ugly as dead Friendster's and MySpace's baby's regurgitated Facebook timeline. Even Microsoft's Socl is better than this.The Impatient and Overreactive Micromanager
• Alert the press! This button broke with the new update! I need
to make 3 posts in every community asking everyone, "Am I the only one?" It broke a second ago, and now I will proceed to write a lengthy dissertation and rant on why Google+ is sooo buggy and just doesn't "get" social! This should have been fixed yesterday! [5 seconds later...]
Oh nevermind, it's working again.The Lazy Egotistical Self-Proclaimed Expert
• This UI sucks. I drew art in kindergarten once, and clearly this makes me the world's authority on design. Who hires these monkeys? I
want MY left-side navigation bar back, and I don't want to have to expend the extra 1/8th calorie to move my mouse over the icon. Next thing you know, you'll make me actually have to click on something! It's MY menu. I
should be able to do whatever I
want with it! Why can't you understand the world revolves around ME?The Gutted Martyr and Self-Hostage
• I've been a very loyal user of Google products for my entire existence since I was a fetus. Heck, I even used Google Reader once or twice. I am deeply disappointed in Google for taking 5 steps backwards, turning 180 degrees, and taking 5 more steps backwards. Unless you revert things back to the design I hated the last time you made an update, I'm going to rage quit. I swear! I might even start a petition. You just wait and see. And if you don't do it soon, I'm going to make no dent whatsoever while I pretend people actually care when I threaten to leave but never do.The Oblivious Complainer
• I really don't like this. I wish there was this thing called Settings where I could toggle a check-box to simply opt out of a subtle change. Instead, I think I'll turn it into a big ordeal where I'll blame everyone and everything else. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes denouncing Google instead of thinking and investing 30 seconds to understand how it actually works. I mean, can't they at least give me the option to view posts from each circle or to remove posts from my stream? And now there's not one, but two
vertical thingies? That's like, quadruple the number of columns. Waaaay too cluttered. I can't handle thinking about one thing, and now you want me to think about two?The Uninformed Rebel-Hater
• I completely and utterly hate this new change. It's terrible. I don't have the update yet, but from what I've heard, it's worse than Hitler. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but mark my words--it sucks!
If you don't see this new feature, don't worry. iDUMB will be rolling out to users over the coming week, so check back soon. We appreciate your ability to pretend to be patient while hitting F5 repeatedly until something breaks. In the meantime, keep asking when you will receive the new changes because that usually speeds the process up quite nicely. #googleplusupdate #Google+ #snarkalicious #sarcasmwithahintoftruth
Bahaha here is a summary of the actual updates :P Overall, I like the changes! http://googleplusproject.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-google-stream-hangouts-and-photos.html