Reshared text: 10 Reasons You Should Buy an iPhone
1) Because they have rounded edges, so you won't poke yourself. 2) Because the other kids in your high school class have one already. 3) Because you enjoy donating to CISPA every time you pay your bill. 4) Because Steve Jobs said to buy one and he knew everything. 5) Because you love to spend money on a minor upgrade each year. 6) Because you like to laugh at Siri trying to understand your accent. 7) Because you love Instagram and want the authentic experience. 8) Because the 3.5" screen fits your dainty little fingers so well. 9) Because you want to do your part to bring back slave labor. 10) Because you just don't know any better.
Reshared text: So Willard, which is it, does the government create jobs or not. Because with regards to the President you say the government doesn't create jobs but when it comes to you, you can now create jobs if you become President?
RESHARE: Says a lot about the corporate mentality. I am sure they are justified in this one too, right? Wouldn't want to confuse a grocery store with technology company.
Reshared text: Forget Samsung, Apple now suing Polish grocery store for infringement ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trevor Mogg First Samsung, now an online grocery store in Poland. Apple lawyers in the European country have reportedly filed a complaint against online store a.pl, accusing it of trademark infringement on several fronts.
RESHARE: If I still had #facebook I would post this there.
Reshared text: A Cheat Sheet for People Afraid of Google+
You probably know them: people who trot out an excuse for not adopting Google+. I've been collecting them (the excuses, not the people).
"Oh my, what's this talk about Circles?" "I'm happy with Facebook." "Isn't that place a ghost town?"
The reasons are legion. But all easily answered with this short guide.
1. Start simple. Create one Circle--and put everyone in it. You can segment later. 2. Starting a Hangout (also known as the skype killer) is stupid easy. Push one button. Done. 3. You can reply to posts and comments INSIDE Gmail. 4. You can sign in to apps and websites with your Google+ account. +Jesse Wojdylo can tell you all about it: http://goo.gl/8fsLv 5. Join an interesting Community if you want that feeling of connection quickly. However ... 6. It's your fault if Google+ feels like a ghost town. Just ask +Chris Brogan: http://goo.gl/OLy6M 7. You can even edit your posts. Endlessly. 8. You can format your posts, too. Italics, bold, strikeout. Here's how: http://goo.gl/pJrXY 9. And, yes, there is no character limit. Write all day, Hemingway. 10. Did I mention you won't get bombarded with invitations to play games or share your birthday? Yeah. That's what I thought.
11. When it is your birthday, you get a special surprise. 12. You can hang out with astronauts. 13. What's Hot is now tailored to your preferences! Science yes, Britney Spears no. 14. No ads. 15. Conversations that matter (about art, censorship, space exploration, marketing, politics, and OK, the occasional cat pic). 16. Did I mention the astronauts?
Bonus reason: all the cool kids are on Google+. That's a joke. I'm a nerd. So plus me.
I don't have words for what just happened. How can you go on an 11 game, dominating win streak, then blow a playoff game that bad... So disappointed, so pissed. Thanks for that shitty end to an awesome season, #denverbroncos
Reshared text: TURN OFF THE NEWS - Saw this on Facebook and I think God has a point... I mean, Morgan Freeman.
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Reshared text: Ridiculously Funny Instagram Parody Will Make You Feel Embarrassed
I knooow we're always telling you that you have to watch this video because it's sooo funny, but this one really, really, really is. Please, if you watch any video today, watch this. As Business Insider put it: "College Humor just destroyed Instagram in 3 minutes."
Reshared text: Things that seem magical but are actually just awesome: 1. Quantum levitation, as seen below; 2. Free shipping to the contiguous US or $10 off to everywhere else, automagically applied to your cart at checkout for only another ~10 hours: http://j.mp/SnCLLT
Reshared text: Physics: "Sorry, cat. You can't do that. There is not enough volume inside of the box." Maru: "You misunderstand. I am a cat and a box is involved. Physics no longer apply." Physics: "But..." Maru: "Save your breath, as I am already inside of the box." Physics: "But...!" 箱とねこ８。-A box and Maru 8.-
RESHARE: Out of touch much? As long as you dazzle the easily swayed masses telling charismatic lies, I guess it doesn't matter. BS is right, +Linda Lawrey.
Reshared text: Bullshit. Utter Bullshit. This man is delusional and totally disconnected from the majority of Americans. A hospital is only required to stabilize you and then send you packing. They are not required to actually TREAT you for a condition that is found nor send you packing with any medication. You're on your own until it's too late for reasonable treatment and you end back UP at the hospital much more seriously ill which can and DOES lead to death due to medical neglect.
To say that the Hospital, a charity or the government pays the bill? In very few cases does this happen. You owe the bill for what little care you get and they will pursue you to the ends of the earth to collect it. With what isn't collected for a bill, the TAXPAYERS and those WITH insurance end up paying for those that can't pay.
What Health care planet does this man live on? I worked in Collections at a Hospital. And at NO time, what Charities that WERE available, they decided if you qualified, the CHARITY decided if you fit their criteria and at NO time are you offered the option to apply to a Charity.
And you need preventative care medications? Where does he think people are going to get those? People go WITHOUT and then become seriously ill and DIE AS A RESULT.
Reshared text: If anything should ever get a spot on What's Hot, it's this video. It made me laugh and cry at the same time. It made me think of the teachers I know who have to pay $45 per year to use the microwave and another $45 to use the fridge. It made me think of my past teachers and the way they shaped my values, my work ethic, my passions, and my sense of empathy. It made me think, too, that this is an election year and it was my teachers who made me understand why voting is more than a privilege, it is a responsibility.
Say thank you to a teacher today. Share this video with 'em, too.
In this video the music is coming from the plasma!!
In a regular speaker the sound is produced by transforming the electrical voltage signature of music that travels down your speaker cable into the fast lateral motion of a cone within the speaker...this produces the pressure waves in the air that your ear can detect and then transform back into an electrical signal in your brain. :D
In the plasma speaker the pressure wave comes from the modulation of the voltage, creating the plasma, which produces pressure waves in the plasma which just like in the speaker case can travel onwards through the air, into your ear and get converted again into an electrical signal into your brain... Only this time it's super pretty too :D
..and just a little bit dangerous if you get your fingers in the wrong place :P
Happy science and as soon as my version is ready a video will be forthcoming :)
Reshared text: Apple aware their laptops are environmentally unfriendly
Apple has withdrawn all its laptop and desktop computers from the EPEAT environmental rating system, including older MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. According to iFixit, who recently tore down a MacBook Pro and its retina screen, that's likely related to a design direction favoring smaller, lighter notebooks and longer battery life. Doing so required them to glue the cells to the aluminum shell, making it impossible to recycle the case and other parts -- iFixit couldn't pull the batteries out without spilling the (highly toxic) battery guts all over.
Everyone puts their phones in the middle of the table. Whoever cracks first by touching their phone, pays for the entire meal.
The purpose of the game was to get everyone off their phones, away from twitter, facebook, texting, etc and to encourage conversations. In other words, help cure the "Anti-Social Social Media Craziness."
1) The game starts after everyone sits down.
2) Everybody places their phone in the middle of the table.
3) The first person to touch their phone loses the game.
4) Loser of the game pays the bill for everyone's meal.
5) If the bill comes before anyone has touched their phone, everybody is declared a winner and pays for their own meal.
We had a blast. Conversation rocked. Everyone loved it.
Are You Game? Are you willing to turn the tide of anti-social behavior? What do you think?!?